Today is Blog Action Day. On the 15th October each year, bloggers from around the world all commit to writing about one topic for one day. This year that topic is Climate Change. Now I am not an expert on climate change or global warming but I do believe that it is a problem and everyone should do their part to fight it. I am also aware that there are many people who do not believe in global warming. So what I propose, is a win/win/win action plan for the following three camps; the global warming fighters, the non-believers, and the polar bear & penguin camp. With just making these ten small adjustments to your daily lives, everyone can come out a winner.
1. Turn off your lights when you don’t need them on
2. If you’re not using an appliance, unplug it (or at least do not leave it on standby)
3. Wash clothes on the coldest cycle
4. Use the washing machine and dish washer only when they are full
5. Hang clothes to air dry instead of using the clothes dryer
6. Move your thermostat down two degrees in Winter and up two degrees in Summer
7. Take showers instead of baths (and shower with a friend)
8. Reuse your shopping bag
9. Buy locally grown and produced products
10. Use two legs/ wheels instead of four wheels when possible
This action plan will save you money. This makes two out of the three camps happy, and if you send the money you save to a charity that supports the polar bear & penguin camp, then everyone is happy. That makes a big win!