I’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by Kara at Scattered Joy. Thank you Kara. But today, (or whatever day you read this) we should all give thanks to Kara because my seven secrets are going to be seven things that you need to know if you ever find yourself in Le Petit Village for an extended period of time, which could totally happen, because you never know. You know?
3. Muster up some patience because 1) it takes forever to get anywhere, 2) we’re on South of France time (basically that means everybody here is late, except for me), and 3) check out number 1 above.
4. Learn French, or befriend the local English speaker (that would be me). Knowing French will enable you to yell at The Parisian when he tells you that he has run out of Heineken, Rosé, or Coke (I am not joking… homeboy has actually run out of all three of these at one time or another, and we can add Leffe, Whiskey and white wine to that list as well).
5. You must be able to entertain yourself. See numbers 2, and 3 above. And number 4 does turn into a bit of a hobby (albeit a boring, frustrating one). So actually, see numbers 2 – 4 above.
6. Develop a tolerance for high winds. The Mistral has been shaking my house for the past 24 hours. It’s like the big bad wolf is parked outside and every time I bring Fifty for a walk in this, I’m scared he’s going to get swept up and fly away (although watching Fifty fly would help with number 5).
7. Make sure to bring your camera, you don’t want to miss any of this: