Tomebug at The Tao of Me has passed on the Versatile Blogger award to me. Thanks Tomebug! And since I’m off to Dublin tomorrow with The Husband and Gatz (Gatz… that will be fun, I’m going to need one of those electric shock collars you put on the dog to keep them in the yard), and because the award is green, I’m dedicating it to the Fair City and the things I’m looking forward to doing while I’m there, like…
1. Fish and chips. Friday night I’m all about fish and chips smothered in salt and vinegar followed by a couple of pints down at the pub (where I know I will succumb to a few packs of those horrible bacon fries. So wrong, but so delicious).
2. A can of Club Orange. It’s like Orangina, but a tad bit sweeter, but nowhere near as sweet as Sunkist. It’s the nectar of my childhood (and for morning after pub nights when my tongue is bacon fry coated. So gross, but so true).
3. Shopping at Penneys (aka Primark in the UK) for trendy bits and bobs that I don’t need. Penneys is like crack. It’s cheap and you can’t get enough (that was extremely politically incorrect, I apologise).
4. Saturday night sushi with friends at Yamamori. I honestly don’t know which I’m looking forward to more, seeing my friends, or the sushi. It’s a tough call. (Hogwash! My friends win hands down. My sushi won’t talk to me in English like my friends will. Because that would be scary.)
5. And using Gatz as my excuse, getting all touristy around the place. We’re hitting up Temple Bar post-sushi for Guinness and hokiness galore. I can almost hear the fiddles and flutes already.
6. Starbucks. Duh. (and please, pretty please let the red holiday cups be out already).
7. The feeling of being back in my city. Even though I am not a native Dubliner, it feels like mine. It’s where I came into my own and became me. It’s where I got to experience my single in the city years (every girl should get to have single in the city years). Those are the best. Not for dating anyone, but for dating yourself. It was a treat and now that I’m an old married lady without a city in sight, I am beyond grateful to have lived those years. Live a lot, learn a lot.
P.S. Welcome to the world Baby T! Texas Girl’s very own baby boy who came into the world yesterday at a whopping 9lb 4oz and 21 1/2 inches. Now that’s Texas sized! I love you both oodles and doodles and shnoodles.