Want to know why my Good Friday was a good Friday?
1. It stopped raining yesterday long enough for The Husband, Honey Jr., Honey’s Honey and me to have l’apéro outside (April showers and all), even though it was kind of cold. OK, it was really freaking cold. Honey’s Honey and I were bundled up in cardies and coats asking why we were still outside. I guess Honey Jr. and The Husband figured that since it’s ‘spring‘, l’apéro should be had outside. To this I say hogwash.
2. Honey’s Honey introduced me to these cute little suits called one piece. If feetie pyjamas and an old school sweat suit had a baby, it would be a one piece. They have a hood and pockets and are actually meant to be worn outside the house (for €140 I should think so) and look super comfy but I can say without a doubt, that you will never ever see me wear one. While Honey Jr. and Honey’s Honey could pull off the look (both being so petite and cute and all), The Husband and I would look utterly ridiculous. I’ll be spending that €140 at Zara instead thank you very much.
3. Toulon was playing Harlequins in the quarter-final of the European Cup (we’re talking rugby here my American friends) and since Toulon is Gatz’s favorite team, he decided to come and watch it with us (Toulon is not The Husband’s and my favorite team but since Mr. London plays for them, we cheer them on). So why was I happy about The Husband’s hetero life partner, Gatz, coming over you ask? Because he was buying the pizza.
4. That’s right, Friday night is pizza night in Le Petit Village and the new pizza man does not disappoint. We had four pizzas… Bayonne: jambon cru (it’s a cured ham, kind of like prosciutto), mozzarella, fresh tomatoes, and pistou (a French sauce of garlic, fresh basil, and olive oil), Forestier: fresh mushrooms, crème fraîche, smoked lardons (kind of like bacon), and mozzarella, Armenienne: ground beef, onions, and peppers, and La Kebab: (which was delicious but I can’t really figure out what’s on it. Sometimes you just have to go with it and enjoy).
D E L I C I O U S.
5. And then not only did Toulon win, but Mr. London was named Man of the Match. How you like them apples?!
Leave a Reply